Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

January Gratitude Journal Update

As of today I have listed 570 things I am thankful for (5 things per day since Sept. 20th). It's been a wonderful exercise in remaining grateful!

Here are a few highlights from the list. I've categorized them to make it more interesting....

SOME highlights of things I've listed that I'm thankful for about God....

I am thankful for....

  • God’s love
  • God’s mercy
  • God’s wisdom
  • God’s written Word
  • Being on an adventure with God!
  • The love of our triune God to design the incarnation
  • The birth of our savior
  • God’s peace that surpasses all understanding
  • God guiding me through...
  • How God continues to provide financially for Cornerstone to keep ministering
  • The fact that God chose us in Christ before the foundations of the world
  • God's perfect timing
  • The way God speaks and communicates
  • God's patience
  • God's extravagant love
  • How God works and move in ways that we cannot fully understand

SOME highlights of what I listed I'm grateful for about 'people'...

I am thankful for...

  • People, because they are God's children
  • People who are still honest in this world
  • People who are sacrificial in the way they live
  • People who give life to others instead of taking it
  • People who genuinely want the best for others
  • People who are not consumed with being right
  • Opportunities to work with amazing people who love God & give their lives to serve Him
  • Grateful people
  • People who want to grow and change
  • People who have generous spirits
  • People who are secure in who they are in Christ
  • Emotionally mature people
  • People who live sacrificially in order to bless others
  • People who are compassionate
  • People who do not live like they are the center of the universe

SOME of the Simple, yet possibly profound, things..

I am grateful for...

  • Life
  • Peace
  • Music
  • God's Creation
  • The weather in San Diego
  • Living within 15 min of the ocean
  • The bird that is chirping outside right now
  • For the ability to walk and exercise
  • For the cool breeze blowing in the window right now
  • Each new day
  • Running water
  • The sound of the Native American Flute
  • My son being willing to still cuddle (shh! don't tell anyone)
  • Puzzles
  • Home videos
  • Yogurt with walnuts
  • For being born in America
  • The Cross
  • Mountains
  • The ocean
  • Living in San Diego
  • Trader Joe's
  • Radio
  • Freedom of Speech
  • Art - painting, pastels, charcoal, pencil
  • Rainbows
  • Blue skies
  • Sunsets
  • Hummingbirds
  • Sunshine
  • Rivers
  • Tom Khai Gai Soup
  • Ability to Learn
  • Dark Chocolate

These are only snapshots of what is in my Gratitude Journal.
Since I am setting out to do this for one year, I will share more at a later date.
Until then, may you keep in mind what Cicero said,

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Yay, Miss Anne! This is one of those things that I have to work on too: being grateful. You certainly seem to be doing a good job of it. :) Mostly I need to work on being grateful for everything that's happening now. Lately I've just been looking back and being grateful for how blessed I was without realizing it.