Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gratitude Journal

In preparing for my message at church this past week I ran across some powerful stories from people who began a "Gratitude Journal" and how it impacted their lives. All they did was simply write down 5 things they were thankful for each and every day. I decided that would be very doable for me and it would help give me fresh eyes with which to see the world each day.

So, on Sunday, September 20, 2009 I began a 'Gratitude Journal' section in my regular spiritual journal (I journal on a netbook now instead of writing by hand in a notebook.) I also made the commitment that if I skipped a day of writing in my spiritual journal, that I would still go back and list 5 things for the day that I missed -- so that by the time Sept. 19th, 2010 rolls around, I will have a log of 1,825 things I am thankful for.

I may post excerpts of my lists here from time to time.
Gratefully,
~Anne

No comments: